Friday, September 16, 2011

Festive Friday!


Welcome! Thank you for stopping by today!  I am excited to share a project with you for Festive Friday hoseted by My Cricut Craft Room! Festive Friday is when the Designn Team Members show you our holiday related crafts using out cricut.  If you are one of my followers, be sure to jump over to My Cricut Craft Room to see more fabulously festive projects : ) 

Lately, I've been a little mini-album obsessed.  And today's post is no different!  I recently purchased the Elegant Edges cartridge and fell in love with all of the fun cuts!  That plus a huge sale on chipboard sheets at Joanns = mini album heaven!!!  Enjoy!

I usually make 4 books at a time, in a 6 x 6" size.  If you take 5 sheets of chipboard and get 4 cuts from each, you will yield four ten-paged books.  For this album I chose a cut I liked from Elegant Edges and cut 4 to a sheet x 5 sheets.

Then, I chose 10 pages of patterned paper (DCWV) 2 each of 5 designs and cut them at 5" for my photo mats.  I mixed up the mat designs but find the simpler ones to work better with this project.



The poinsettias were made with Wrap It Up, inked and bent.






To finish, I adhered the paper to the chiboard FIRST before punching a hole in the top with my Cropadial.  Then add a binder ring (I use 1").  Embelish with cricut cuts or stash you have on hand (what scrapper doesn't have a TON of extra christmas stickers and embelishments?!!?)  Adorn with ribbons and tags, ink the edges and VOILA!  Mini Album!  Super easy, super fast...  4 books took about 2 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today!  I hope you have enjoyed today's project!

3 comments:

  1. Great mini! This will be perfect for sharing Christmas photos...wonderful little gift also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep!!! so scraplifting this! TFS CallyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. make as many albums as you want - inspire me that much more!! LOVE these albums!! doris
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete