Sunday, June 12, 2011

A few cards... and a family update

Wow.  To say its been a rough week would be an understatement.  Last week my daughter started to complain of a pain in her stomach and generally not feeling well.  It got to the point where she asked if I would take her to Patient First or something...  No.  What are they going to do for a stomach ache really?  Let's try some ibuprophen and see if you feel any better.  Not at all.  In fact it got worse, so bad that we wound up taking her to the ER where we found out that she would need to have an emergency appendectomy.  None of us slept for almost two days.  My poor angel missed out on some really fun end of the year activities at school, and even though this is the last week of school, she is likely to miss more ; (  She's really bummed out about it.  She's recovering well from the laproscopic procedure and is healing pretty fast.  She's still in a decent amount of pain though.  My poor baby : (

I've had a lot of projects happening at the same time as well.  In the last few days, I've wrapped up a vinyl project (turned out so cute!!), a canvas project, and my first banner.  Pictures of all of that coming soon, but since I don't have them on hand yet, I thought I'd share some cards I have worked on.  As always, thanks for looking!

Made with Opposites Attract and Mother's Day Bouquet
                                     

Made using Stretch Your Imagination
 Made using Home Decor.  Total Scraplift : )  I wish I could give credit to the original artist!

Made using Alphalicious and Mother's Day Bouquet
 No Cricut use...  just basic circles and a circle punch ; )

1 comment:

  1. HiHeather!
    I'm SO sorry to hear about your sweet daughter--thank GOD they caught it in time and she didn't get an infection.
    My son has heart surgeries and I know how stressful they are--we love our children so much!
    I love your cards but my favorite is that bird on a branch--so beautiful!
    I'm a new follower and thanks for visiting me today--looking forward to being new bloggie friends!

    Big Cricky Hugs,
    K Andrew of Getting Cricky!
    www.gettingcricky.com

    ReplyDelete