Monday, June 27, 2011

Vintage Inspired Album

Hi everyone : )  I was very excited to log in and see that I now have THREE followers!  Wooohoo!  LOL, simple pleasures right?  It's been a crazy month with a lot of projects in the works, one will be posted here today and I'll share the others shortly. 

My beautiful mother in law celebrated her 75th birthday this past May.  I wanted to commemorate her and her party with this album.  I used Classic K Designer Paper "Bailey"  from K and Company.  I loved the vintage and feminine look to the papers and how well all of the patterns coordinated with each other.  All Die Cuts came from the Celebrations cartridge.

As with any large album project, I began by taking post-it notes and sketching out 20 pages.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE using The CK Sketch Books by Becky Higgins and I keep a "list" of my favorites posted on my wall for quick reference.

Here are some pictures of the completed project.  For the complete project click on this link.  This was my first project using flag banners and stitching!  Wooo!  I really like how they turned out.   Thank you for your comments and for any feedback you have! 


Front Page


 I used lace from her wedding dress for the border and flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment